Tuesday 27 April 2010

I love my Sugar Nellies

Still off sick with tonsilitis, what a shame lol.  Means I've been having a play in my craft room.  I seem to have occassions galore to make cards for at the moment and I still have another 8 to make - so I guess I'll have to do it all again tomorrow :-D.......... here's what I made.

This one used my absolute favorite Sugar Nellie stamp.  It covers all occations from thinking of you to birthdays.  This was a card for the playgroup committee to give to a play leader that was leavning.  The matts and the wording were cut out on my Cricut.


This one was for my friend to say thank you for looking after the house whilst we were on holiday.  The ribbon isn't really as dark as that in real life. It's a bit difficult to photograph a front fold back card I have discovered........ they always seem to look a bit odd. Most of the flowers on this one are from a Prima Bitty Bag.

My mums 60th birthday card.  The butterfly above the purple flowers is made from shimmer vellum and has a gem on the body.  I've stuck it on with silicone glue and lifted the wings to give it a 3d appearance. I added some twirled flower stems into the bouquet of flowers to add a bit of texture.


My friends 40th birthday card.  I was on a roll with the front foldback cards - in case you didn't notice.The camera is changing the colours on this card, the papers and the ribbon are all the same shade of lilac.


This is a card I made a few weeks ago for my mum for Mothers Day, I just wanted to show it too.  The burgandy and old gold is a colour combination I use a lot and I loved the sage ribbon with it, didn't think it would work. The stamp is a Flower Fairy I bought about 5 years ago, I have another one as well and I have rarely used them.  I have a lot of things like that in my craft room funnily enough.

On my list of cards I still have to make for this week are an 18th boy, a 40th, 3 other friends birthdays, a card for my neice, a Bon Voyage card for my pal who's off to New Zealand, a card for my son's friend (of the girl variety thank goodness) and a baby girl card - baby was due yesterday!!!!!

I think I might need another week off to complete that list - only kidding.  I'll post some more when I get them finished.

Nicola xxx

3 comments:

  1. All gorgeous cards. The first card is my fav image and colour. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you have been a busy bee!!! Lots of lovely cards Nic don't think I can chose a favorite although I do love the SN image on the first one. Keep those creative juices flowing. Talk soon.
    hugs
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Nicola, glad you have been using your eyelet border punch! Jules xx

    ReplyDelete