Sunday 9 May 2010

Hard Card to Make

Today I've had to make a sympathy card for a very dear friend of ours that passed away very suddenly a few days ago.  I usually find Sympathy cards hard to make as you don't want to over do them but you still want them to be nice.  I hope I've captured the right note in this one, she was a vibrant young woman, loved by many people and loved life, so I've tried to make it a simple but youthful card.



The stamp is by Stamporium and I've partly coloured the image in with Whispers pens and Promarkers.  I've used Prima Hydrangia flowers over the lilies and a gem on the cross.  The ribbon is a white grosgrain from my stash and the gem brad is by Docrafts.  White and silver Mirri card from my stash.

It's odd how life sometimes takes it's twists and turns as I also have a baby girl card to make today for another friend.  From one end of the spectrum to another.............

1 comment:

  1. difficult cards to make but think you did a great job.
    kathleen mc x

    ReplyDelete